What does MOTN do?
Essentially, MOTN fosters cooperation between, and opportunities for, its member companies. Member companies include industry suppliers, consultants, representatives, research institutes and manufacturers – all working together to increase business opportunities both within and outside of the organization.
- Homeland Defense – iMOTN plans to become a clearinghouse for Homeland Security technology and market information for its members. Through participation in several planned Homeland Security events, MOTN aims to become a catalyst in bringing Federal, State and Local agency attention to MOTN member products, technologies and expertise. A MOTN Port & Harbor Security Steering Committee is currently being organized.
- Health Care Collaborative – MOTN is currently investigating the possibility of forming a collaborative the reduce our members high cost of health care. More information to follow soon.
- MOTN Newsletter – MOTN is also investigating the possibility of creating and distributing an MOTN newsletter. This would include member news, announcements, product highlights, etc. and would be distributed via e-mail, and posted to www.motn.org.
- Trade Show Collaborative – MOTN member companies are leveraging funds to attend industry trade shows. They have attended tradeshows (either in their own booth or under the MOTN banner) in California, Florida, Maryland, Rhode Island, Canada, England, and Singapore.
- Joint Promotion – A Network Directory is produced in printed and on-line format promoting and linking the products, services, and capabilities of member companies and organizations. This directory is made available to our members’ potential customers and anyone interested in the network.
- Networking Meetings – MOTN hosts quarterly meetings at a variety of facilities. These meetings are organized not only to inform members of recent and upcoming events, but also to provide networking opportunities for our member companies.