In 2016, MOTN continued its efforts for its members in networking, identifying opportunities, creating connections with opportunities including government agencies and international trade Major 2016 events either conducted by MOTN or with significant MOTN participation by Harlan and/or
other members included:
- March 4: Tour of Port of New Bedford for Iceland marine delegation, hosted by Member Port of New Bedford aboard vessel of Harbor Master Dave Condon.
- April 9: MOTN presentation at MTS (Marine Technology Society) event held at Aquabotix in Fall River. Aquabotix subsequently joined MOTN
June 23: Oceanology ’17 Planning Event in Bourne
- July 28: Networking event @ UMass/Dartmouth CIE (Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship), Fall River, including presentations by Rhonda Moniz on Andrea Doria expedition and Ariadne Dimoulas and Jim Manning on Educational Passages miniboats and NOAA drifters.
- August 25: MOTN represented at the Cape Cod Blue Economy Conference, Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce, Centerville, MA
- September 29: MOTN represented at the Massachusetts Bays National Estuary Program’s coastal Monitoring Support Workshop
- October 5: Many MOTN members attended and participated in the MOTN/Verrill Dana Marine Technology and the North event in Portland, ME, moderated by Steve Withrow
- October 21: MOTN represented at the Endicott College Executive Leadership Breakfast, Beverly, MA
- October 27: in cooperation with Holland Innovation (Boston), MOTN hosts Netherlands marine tech and off-shore wind power companies at a reception and presentation in Boston
- November 15: MOTN networking meeting at NOAA’s Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Headquarters, Gloucester, MA, including presentations by members Quebec Delegation in New England and David Basile of Janney Montgomery Scott.
Continued Cooperation and Joint Efforts with:
- U.S. Commercial Service Global Marine Tech Team
- Canadian Consulate, New England
- Marine Technology Society
- AUVSI (Assoc. of Unmanned Vehicle Systems, International)
- Comm. of Massachusetts Seaport Economic Council
- Endicott College’s Angle Center for Entrepeneurship
- Ports of Gloucester and New Bedford