On March 21st, MOTN members and affiliates were honored to receive U.S. Ambassador to Iceland, Robert Barker, along with key Icelandic and other marine technology industry representatives who were in Boston to attend International Seafood Show. The event to place at the Daily Catch in Boston’s Seaport District
- which Icelandic companies have mature, proven products
- existing markets elsewhere
- and the savvy to present a cogent business plan to MOTN member companies.
Ambassador Barker and his staff pledged their support to facilitate contacts and cooperation between both our countries’ ocean industries.
- Thor Sigfusson (CEO of the Iceland Ocean Cluster),
- Ari Jonnson, Rektor (President of Reykjavik University)
- and students from the University that won a business competition that sponsored them to come to Boston as part of their prize.
- Board Member, Chris Casagrande, Sea Sciences, Inc.
- Bruce Mangell, Woods Hole Group
- Maggie Merrill, Marine Marketing Services
- Mike Neville, Green Insurance Exchange
- Betsy Myers, Verrill Dana
- MOTN President, Harlan Doliner, Verrill Dana
- MOTN Program Chair, Morgan McCarthy